Re: GURPS Glorantha

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:40:43 +0000

>With the all-powerful union, the **question** is gonna come up
>sooner or later - not that I'm suggesting it's likely. Heroquest has
>its support base. A lot of GURPers are gonna be hearing a lot more
>about the Lozenge.
>
>GURPS Glorantha?
>
>The only times I've played GURPS has been at cons, where I rolled
>the dice and grunted when the ref told me too.
>
>Is GURPS flexible enough for the Hero Wars? Or would it be a glance
>backwards to RQ-type grounded mechanics?

While it is quite possible to play GURPS relatively rules-light (AFTER character generation) I think it would be a step back towards more RQ like mechanics. I can see a couple of possible plusses - GURPS already has a couple of major styles of magic which could probably be adapted for sorcerors and animists respectively. And the "broken" effect of high DX and IQ might even be useful.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.