Re: Re: GURPS Glorantha

From: aescleal_at_...
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:26:32 +0000 (GMT)

Before I said "bollocks to it all" and stopped trying to fit HW style magic into RQ and other games and just started using HW instead I found GURPS to be a fairly natural home for the HW magic system. It fitted the bill a bit better than RQ did as skills were aquired linearly as in HW.

Essentially (for those that care) HW feats became MVH skills. Opposed contests to determine level of augmentation became simple skill tests in GURPS at -2 for each level of bonus you were trying for above 1. Failure had the usual negative effect.

Cheers,

Ash