Re: Feat Use

From: miker19036 <miker_at_...> <miker_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:19:22 -0000

I've taken a similar approach. I started them (once they fled their homeland in Sartar) in Prax because that's what I had material on. We're prior to the Lunar invasion so I have plenty of timeline to play with (and a resolution that if they wind up doing something to change the invasion, so be it).

> > If that's what you're looking for. Personally, I never feel
> > constrained by things being defined. I'm more than capable of
> > eliminating things I don't want.
> >

> Or re-defining them to my own style, but I like to have something I
> can hook onto to start with...

Yes, you understand where I'm coming from.

> perhaps the starting point for you
> (and what I have done to some degree) might be to divorce the
mythic
> history of glorantha from your feats and game and simply play it as
> a game system. Make up your own definitions of what the feats do,
in
> a limited sense, and then slowly expand them, bringing in mythic
> elements as you go. Perhaps a "cant see the trees because of the
> forest" effect is plaguing you?

I think the whole myth thing with me has been overstated (I'm willing to bear the blame for this). Yeah, I've got a handle on how many of the feats work in my game. There are those ones that just seem to come out of the blue. When those happen, it's nice to be able to find some help, and "it does what I want" isn't what I'm looking for (which is what started my complaint).

I don't want a fuzzy setting, and that comes into conflict with modern Glorantha (and I still stand by my assessment that Glorantha didn't used to be so fuzzy).

Mike Ryan