Re: Re: Group Simple Contests + Heroband rules

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:58:33 -0800

> The purist in me is sad to think of Gloranthan characters squabbling
> over the +2 sword they got at the end of an adventure.
>
> It just feels like some other game.

Well, since most people will be able to just declare "I get a new sword to replace the one I lost" for free, the swords they would be squabbling over would be ones with "Imprint of Death 14w" and the like. Unless you have a very stick-picker level game, swords probably won't really count as "treasure" or "loot". A +2 (or some other low number, I've seen four different suggestions for the bonuses provided by euipment) sword is just a normal sword - not the same as a +2 in D&D.

RR