Re: Equipment

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:40:05 -0000

> ....Both a human and a troll can have Strong at the same
> rating, but shouldn't the troll be stronger anyway?
>
> If your answer is yes, you are introducing an absolute scale which
has the
> weakest creature possible in the origin. I prefer to set the "zero"
more or
> less in the middle.

If the answer no, then the Troll's stats are only usefull unmodified if you happen to be running an all-troll game. When trolls turn up in a normal game, they always need to be modified. What use are stats that have to be re-adjusted to the normal game scale in 90% of play situations?

Would you realy rather have duck stats that are only usefull unmodified in duck only games, and troll stats that are only usefull unmodified in duck only games? Pity the poor GM who's runing a Sartarite clan game and wants to have his characters meet trolls or ducks.

Simon Hibbs