Re: Guess what... another demo-related question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:12:00 -0000

> what the character does. Like Bruce Lee when he contract *every*
muscle of
> his body, or when he licks his blood: he's clearly trying for an
> augmentation!

Ah, but is he using 'Strong' or is it 'Get bloody mad'?

> hence initiative. I'm thinking of a mounted fighter against a
footman. The
> mounted fighter tries to augment his close combat with his ride
(which sums
> up a lot of potential advantages like high ground...) but he can
end with
> the horse rearing or himself off-balance. In the end much more
realistic
> than just a modifier because you are mounted and your foe is not.
I've actually stood in front of an armoured knight on horseback at full gallop, with me in highland dress with an axe in my hand (during a bit of film work for the Disney Corporation, no less! Anybody been in the fancy 360-degree screen cinema in Eurodisney?). The biggest bonus a horseman has is psychological - you can feel every hoofbeat through your legs into your gut, and even with a pre-arranged exchange rehearsed, I could feel my bowels loosening...

> > Personally I'm probably going to say you can
> > either roll as usual and take the chance of losing, or accept a +2
> > Edge/+1 Bonus per 10 points of any augmentation Ability/Affinity.

> 10 points instead of five, eh? And for APs loans? You don't
have to roll if
> you try to loan an APs amount equal to or lesser than half your
ability? But
I hadn't considered AP, but yes, this sounds OK.
> is this only for NPCs (to cut the dice rolling) or does it applies
also to
> PCs?

It applies to NPC, and PCs who aren't in the important bit of the action - Narrator's call. Of course, anyone who wants to try for more can do so - you might want to use Hero Points for instance. It also applies to PCs who really, really need the help...

Wulf