Re: Re: Big, Small, headaches....

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:29:16 +0000

>Second, in my opinion every ability has an implied "for someone like
>you/ as you normally do things." (Note however that some people on the list
>vehemently disagree that all skills should be relative to the user).

For the very, very good reason that your opinion leads to the game being unplayable.

If I can't run a contest between my skill number and your skill number without changing one of the numbers, why have the numbers at all in the first place?

Or to give an example : Normally, a person can't fly, but a bird can. But if I have (somehow) a skill of "fly 17" and I compete in a flying competition against a bird with "fly 17", my chance of winning should be 50/50. Otherwise the numbers are pointless.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson