Re: taglines

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:33:27 EST

Mike Ryan:
<< the only problem I have with this is that it goes counter to what I
 perceive to be the purpose of the free Hero Point at the start of a  session.>>

You're right and, what's more, coincidentally of course, I agree with you.

<< There's already HP awards for good roleplaying, so this seems a
 little redunant to me (barring just inspiring taglines).>>

The "inspiring taglines" was just what I was after. I did say:"I am tempted to give the players more than one tagline to make up for the more restricted use of them."

If they had three, then they can give themselves a "you have not seen the last of Fu Manchu" style escape from almost anything tagline, a "the cunning of Fu Manchu knows no bounds" type potentially increase Cunning tagline, and a "I did it all for the love of Lotus Blossom" interesting plot twist/character development (especially if we didn't know who Lotus Blossom was). I thought they could think of them well in advance of a session, perhaps, as a method of players getting the narrator to do the stories they want.

Keith