Re: Awkward abilities

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:08:49 +0100

In article <b6rrlh+3fjg_at_...>, simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...> writes
>A character in my game has chosen two abilities for his characetr
>that are causing a bit of a headache for me.
>
>The first is 'Lucky'. I asked for examples of use, and he suggested
>that in combat an opponent that was about to kill him might
>trip over and miss, or he might 'luckily' guess a password, etc.
>Essentialy he could use it to help him in pretty much any situation
>where a lucky accident might help him.

If someone is being lucky, then someone else is being unlucky. I'd have thought most likely effects would be felt by kin/companions, as they are much more closely connected. So the conversation goes "Ah, Tom, you want a +8 augment to that because you're lucky. Fair enough. Dick and Harry, your Tom's companions you are both at -4 to your next important roll, other than 'Beat Eurmali with stick', of course"

Alternatively, I had an NPC called Lucky Swen. He was lucky all right. Always great good luck, or great bad luck, nothing in between.

Remember, if players seem to be pulling a fast one you should still say yes, just review the normal guidance to GM's on granting wishes and modify as appropriate.

[snip]

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...