RE: Re: HQ Common Magic question

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:59:04 -0400

Roderick said:

>Personally, there are some affinities that I would allow the player to use
>as a straight ability instead of an augmenter - Vanganths "Flight" affinity
>is pretty useless if all the player can do is use it to augment his
>non-existant Fly ability! So in this case I'd let the hero fly using the
>affinity at his normal value, but it would be slow and awkward - this is
the
>guy that *must* lie down on his Breath and can't do a heck of a lot else.
>And he can't "double dip" to augment his Flight with an improvised feat,
>either! If you want to be Joe Cool and fly standing up, become a devotee!

Of course you could just say that initiates get Fly as an ability when they join Vanganth. The technical knowledge is part of the training when you join up. Actually getting fitted for jet engines and flaps happens later:-)

You can say the same for any specialized sub-cult like that.

Thanks for the info.

Oliver