Re: Secondary skills

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:02:08 -0000

> Unfortunately my players are a bit combat fixated, in particular
the
> Humakti, which is probably reasonable. If I give them more HPs they
> buy up CC 2 pts (at a cost of 3) and save the other 2 HPs for
bumps.
> They dont spread them around at all... each to his own.
>
> The obvious solution is to bring in more and varied skill usage,
> reduce the importance of combat etc.

I suppose that realy is the final answer.

After all, the players will spend the point on the abilities they feel they need. However if you and the players enjoy combat heavy games, I suppose you could try working on the 'staging' of the battles, making various abilities not directly related to combat itself more important. e.g. Flying battles between Orlanthi and aerial opponents, Battles on crumbling precipices, making those climbing and athletic skills more prominent, chase scenes, etc.

Simon Hibbs