Re: Re: Actual Play

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:06:17 +0000

Hi!

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 02:40 AM, markmohrfield wrote:

> > This did come up during playtesting. Once the players realized,
> though, how
> > limiting the once-per-adventure bonus is, they were more careful
> with its use:
> > 1) How do they know that they're at the most important point of
> the story?
> > 2) Once the spirit is released from the fetish, they no longer get
> the "lucky
> > charm" automatic augment.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, it's a very powerful effect to be able to add
> the spirit's
> > ability to your own. However, that one use really does limit.
> >

> However, this does raise a question about spirit allies, who are not
> one use.

Very true. However, each one adds 10% to the time/HP commitment and practitioners can only have one. Also, I *highly* recommend that one of the abilities is a flaw or requirement of some kind, especially if the ally has more than one ability.

Something that I forgot to mention last time that applies to both fetishes and spirit allies is that you do have to roll against your relationship with the spirit to release it. If you fail, no bonus. That can be a *big* problem if you were depending on it. Granted, spending a HP can usually guarantee the success but that still adds to the balancing of an ally.

Still definitely worth having, though.

Camo