Re: Re: Actual Play

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:17:24 +0100 (BST)

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/swords/Public/cradle3.htm#message28

> He has to be at least
> pre-disposed to being your oppponent,

Oh, he was. Very much so. Grinning at us with those enchanted lead teeth. And he probably thought he had a good chance of winning, too.

> From my reading of the game narrative (very nice by
> the way; need another player?),

Ask Guy, but I believe we're full. Lurkers welcome, though posts are over on a parallel Yahoo Group at present. There's a lot of Chronicle to read on the Smartgroups site, that might keep you going for a bit.

You see why I keep quoting this game for examples of things?

> The Lunars were in a highly
> energized magical field, so the transition to the
> Otherside was perfectly
> natural for them ... There was no HQChallenge
> with the Lunars, just a
> standard bash-em, smash-em fight.

That would be my guess: in any case, I don't think the PCs knew *which* Side they were on for at least half of it. The final fight with Barefang must have been on the Other Side, since he ate his way downwards to escape and the Cradle didn't sink as a result.

I just reckon that a story that good deserves not to be wrecked by new rules :)

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk