Re: maps; combat; art

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 07:49:44 -0000

> This isn't the way I'd run the game... after all, you're probably
> already in the middle of an extended contest, and are using AP. You
> certainly wouldn't want it to be the "I want to smash his shield --
> bid 1 AP" victory. And while you could have a simple contest, I
like
> the idea of using the optional wound instead.
One vote for :) It also works in the good old battle of Oscar vs. the Troll (remember them ? :), every 'wound' inflicted by Oscar would be a grain of uncertainty in the Troll's mind. Although personally I'd just let the Troll whack him...

> >how come UK players seems to getting theirs before everyone else
>
> Probably because you have a better distributor (wholesaler), who is
> solidly behind the game.

Funny to think of Esdevium as efficient...

> BTW Wulf, I don't mean to pick on you, but could you use some blank
> lines in your messages? It's real hard to tell what's your message
> and what you're replying to (especially because the lines are
> wrapping poorly).

Much apologies, my mailer highlights quoted parts in different colours, I forget... Here at work I'm using the eGroups reply screen, but my net connection is foul, so I have to rush in case I'm cut off!

> >Yelmelioid takes an action and pulls out a smaller
> >pokey thing.
>
> Generally, this sort of thing does *not* take an action. This lets
> you describe combat more freely:

I'd agree on readying a new weapon, but I'd require an action to retrieve a fallen one, as it almost certainly involves turning away from the enemy.

Wulf