Re: Another extended contest result quandry

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:16:01 -0700

> The rules tell us that even if you augment someone else during a
> group extended contest, you are subject to the results that your side
> gets. Makes sense, if you get involved and your side loses, you are
> probably hurt.
>
> Only problem is, defeat levels are defined individually, not
> collectively.

I'd say that you've become a "follower" if *all* you do is augment (or give AP to) other people. So the follower rules apply - one level worse than one of the people you augmented. Worst off, best off, the narrator gets to choose (not much choice if you only augmented one person...).

If you augment people for a while, then jump in and participate directly, the "follower" status is superceded by "participant" status and you suffer whatever you individually suffer.

RR
- Richelieu