Re: Re: Do the rules determine the nature of Glorantha?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:11:31 -0700

> > Worshipping Skovara gets possible access to
> > Donandar talents, but specializing in order to gain Skovara's feats
> > involves a loss of Donandar talents
>
> If the letter of the rules say this, and it doesn't make any logical
> sense, then the rules must be wrong. Perhaps this is a special case.
> Perhaps it's trumped by some other rule.

You need to remember that "the rules" are the just most common denominator - we tried to eliminate as many special cases as we could. There may be a writeup of the entire Donandar "religion" at some point that changes the baseline "you have to give up all Donandar magic". Then again, there might not - after almost 30 years there is a lot of Glorantha that has not been explored, and may never be explored in official publications. But you are explicitly given the right to make Your Glorantha Vary in any way you choose.

As I stated before, my gut says if you want the deep magic of one aspect of Donandar, you probably need to give up the broad magic of the rest. But you have to rely on your own gut (mine stays right where it is, inside my body).

RR
- Richelieu