Re: Digest Number 1311

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:50:36 +0100 (BST)

>> HQ:RiG p18 says I start out as a practitioner and
get "One each of the Practice Spirits listed in the keyword, with ratings determined by the Narrator". It doesn't mention Tradition Spirits at all in the Character Creation rules (or if it does, I missed it) but I assume the rules for joining a tradition apply and I get 5 tradition charms (HQ:RiG p134. ILH p33)<<

Agreed I cannot see any explicit mention of the charms normally gained by a spiritist when you enter play as a practitioner. The write-up for the practitioner states that you gain all the benefits of a spiritist HQ p.136 (and theism and wizadry make similar statements), so I think that your assumption is correct - a practitioner still has the five charms.

Some bargaining could be used here. The narrator sets the ability ratings of the fetishes so you might bargain for more powerful fetishes by taking less tradition charms. My opinion is that anything that makes a beginning hero more diverse is usually good as it allows them to participate in a range of contests. YMMV

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)0207-337-6217 (W)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk