Re: Converting heroes from HW to HQ: edges become bonuses.

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:20:00 -0000

Jane Williams wrote:
> Just straight conversion? No division by 2? My Humakti just got
> *alarmingly* good at combat....

Straight conversion. After a lot of to and for over the numbers to give for weapons and armor during playtesting converting the edges was settled upon offering simple backwards compatibility and reasonable magnitude (we did not want equipment to outwiegh skill).

> you don't now add both lots of +3 on to what was your CC? Please?

You add all the relevant bonuses to your ability (sword, armor, shield in combat + situational modifiers). They are not stated to be optional, but obviously if both sides have the same kit then the bonuses do effectively cancel out.

While not stated it obviously remains up to the narrator whether they use equipment bonuses or not. In our games Benedict and James don't like them - they only give bonuses for named items. I like them - so I ask the players to note down their bonuses. Each to their own.