Re: Truestone speculation

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:46:41 -0000

I'd suggest giving a piece of Truestone a Truestone Capacity ability. It can store abilities up to it's capacity, so a piece with a TC of 45 could hold an ability with a rating of 5w and another ability with a rating of 17 and still have 3 points of capacity left over. You resist against it's space Capacity, or pour your magic into it untill it's full or you run out of magic.

I remember speculation that Truestone can store more than just magic though. It can store skills and other abilities too, perhaps even relationships and personality traits. If so, how about these rules:

When you touch a piece of Trustone you match your best ability against the Truestone's spare Capacity in a simple contest. If the Truestone wins a marginal victory you put the ability into the Truestone and stop rolling. If the truestone got a better than marginal victory you put the ability into the truestone and match your next highest ability against the remaining capacity, and so on. If you win a marginal victory you keep the ability but have to roll for your next highest ability. If you get a better than marginal victory, you stop rolling.

Simon Hibbs