Re: Re: just a couple of quick questions..

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:26:43 -0700

> I had assumed (forgive my D&D assumptions) that a Grimoire would be
> available to a new Wizard - they would give him one (Gideons
> version). I can see however that as a holy book it might not be.
>
> So what would a starting wizard begin with? Access to the grimoire,
> charms for all spells. Would he get his own Grimoire and be able to
> tote it along with him? How rare, valuable, difficult to copy are
> the Grimoires?

Grimoires are often multi-volume sets, and are *always* linked to the proper node on the Saint's Plane. However, every adept usually has a personal copy (Page 165 - under Making Grimoires).

If you want to haul it along on a trip, feel free. But if it gets stolen/destroyed/used to start a fire on a 'Cold 14w3' night, then you've got to make another. I doubt your Academy/Order/Fellows will be keen on just giving you another...

RR
- Richelieu