Re: 4 Worlds headaches

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:58:13 -0000

> > I'd want at least as much for 'learned talents', esp. given my
> > inclination to doubt their existence.

One option, for common religions:

You have -potentially- a lot of innate talents, but you don't know it. Your common religion (mystical archers and things like that) teach you how to discover that you are innately talented. This is innate magic, but you have to do something to discover your own innate magic.

Althought perhaps there is a little problem of gaming description (more suitable to HQ-RPG list?). I mean, you have to do what?

I think the traditional methods (sacrifice, ecstatic worship, veneration) are used to CONTACT THE OTHERWORLD. So, what is/are the method/s of Common Magic?

I would guess, no specific method, but a lot of things, depending of the common religion, etc, and normally a strange mixture. So, you can dance for a petty daimon, sacrifice to a mundane essence and things like that. Am I right? With talents, I would like also some kind of introspection (meditation, martial arts, crafting...).

Regards,

Antonio