Re: Re: maps; combat; art

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 17:34:33 -0700

I'd asked David Dunham

> > Do you happen to know what portion of the KODP sales are Mac vs.
> > Windows? I'd think Mac should have an edge since the demo for
Windows
> > wasn't out for a while.

Jeff Kyer replied:

> I would suspect this is not the quite the case -- if only due to
> prevalence of people using the various MS operating systems.

Yes, it's clear that Windows has at least one extra mastery in permeate marketplace, but in this situation, having a period where the Mac demo was available on the a-sharp site and not the Windows demo, might tend to relatively skew things in favor of the Mac. I'm just saying that David did an extra action to augment the Mac. Only relatively, not absolute numbers, mind.

OT: BTW, an interesting book is "Inside the Tornado", it was published in 1995, but a lot of the authors points still hold. (And if you stretch things, it can also explain why no other RPG has really been able to displace D&D, but a CCG just might.)