Re: Is 20 Superfluous?

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:39:48 +0000

Hi!

>Is it my imagination, or are skills of 19 and 20 EXACTLY the same?
>Similarly 19W and 20W, 19W2 and 20W2, etc, etc.

No, it's not your imagination...

>If this *is* the case, surely it makes sense to rule that if a player spends
>a Hero Point on a skill of 19 (19W, 19W2, etc) it should increase to 1W
>(1W2, 1W3, etc)?

There was a similar problem in HW except that 20 and 1W were the same. Your suggestion is reasonable and had been suggested during the HW discussion of the problem. The only reason I hesitate to use it is that there actually is a slight (very slight, granted) advantage of the 20 still being better than the 19 once bonuses are applied (you need one less plus to get to 1W, for instance).

Camo