Re: Opinions: "bless" feats versus affinity use

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:54:10 +0000

Hi!

>I was trying to think how those bless feats would work out, and all I
>could really think of was similar to liturgical blessings, an augment
>to the blessed thing or person for the duration of the magic. But,
>it seems you could do the same sort of augment just with the
>affinity. Since devotees can still call on the general affinity, why
>would they learn those "bless" feats?

To bless other people's stuff.

I don't have my books with me but let's say Hogar, the devoted carpenter, has the Making affinity and the Bless Tools feat. He could certainly just use his Making affinity while he's doing his own work but his cousin over at the next stead might come over to Hogar to get his tools blessed so that Hogar doesn't have to be present every time his cousin wants to fix a stool.

Camo