Re: Armour

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:19:50 -0600

Christian wondered:

>Armour as a special ability.
>I think you all know that scene from The Lord Of The Rings movie. The
battle
>with the cavetroll in moria.
>Frodo has this mithril-chainshirt. How would you play this ?
>Just giving the shirt a high bonus doesnt seem apropiate to me .
>Maybe the shirt as an ability?
>I m especially curious how Roderick would do it....;-)

Well I'm not Roderick:-) but I would be hesitamnt to make it work as an ability as this might result in a character having two actions in a round. I think since it's such a rare thing I'd give it a big bonus AND a bump down "ability". This would give it a chachet regular armour would never have.

Oliver