Re: Tradition/Practise Charms

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:01:14 EST

In einer eMail vom 22.01.04 05:29:14 (MEZ) Mitteleuropäische Zeit schreibt wquadros_at_...:

> What isn't so clear to me is can that same practitioner use a
> tradition spirit or a practise spirit that is in a charm as an active
> ability? I didn't see anywhere that it explicitly said so while I
> did see a reference to spiritists not being able do so.

i like to think of it this way:
a charm is a lucky charm, a magical symbol that you understand and live the ways of the spirits. So all it ever does is augmenting. A fetish is the symbol for a friendship with a spirit and a magical connection between the spirit and the practitioner. Through it you get access to its powers (active ability) or aid (releasing the spirit). After "releasing" the spirit it takes some time to get another favor from it.

Christian