Re: Decapitate Foe

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:03:35 -0500

At 7:51 AM +0000 3/3/04, Jane Williams wrote:
>And there may be circumstances (we've just met them)
>where decapitating your foe is *not* going to kill
>them. A minor defeat is fine. You chop his head off,
>he picks it up and carries on chatting. In fact, if
>you find that scary enough, the decapitator could lose
>AP as a result: you could chop a head off even when
>you *lose*!

        If you have someone with Decapitate Foe in a game, it would be a pity if he or she did not occasionally run into a foe that can only be killed by decapitation. "He uses his Invulnerable 10W4 as a defense. You're using Decapiate Foe? His defense is 14 instead. Looks bad for Mr. Evil Immortal DarknessHellWhatever Worshipping Guy...." It's pretty much true for all feats -- the chaos healer should get some chaos to heal, the Yinkini should get some situation where only Cough Up Hairball and Don't Come When Called will help. I see nothing wrong if, for most adventures, Decapitate Foe is just Generic Attack Foe -- otherwise it hogs the combat spotlight -- but, once in a while (like every feat), it should be special.

Peter Larsen