RE: Re: magical vs.mundane resistance

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:09:49 -0600

>From: "simon_hibbs2" <simon.hibbs_at_...>
>
>Yep. Another possible in-world interpretation is that the
>Decapitate Foe feat actualy aims your next blow exactly at your
>enemy's head. Of course your enemy might block the attack, or
>dodge away at the last second, or his armour might block it, etc.
>
>Not _the_ way to interpret it, but one way that makes it no more
>or less useful than other abilities, yet gives it a bit of narative
>distinctiveness.

A good idea as always. No matter how unsuccessful a character is, you can always make him or his abilities look good with proper narration. I like your idea - I'd narrate how cool it is, too, that the NPC managed to block it. Making it all the more nifty when the PC does get him (or making him seem less wimpy if he loses).

Mike

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � download MSN Toolbar now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/