Re: Week 3 rule questions...

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:34:47 -0000

Steve Rennell wrote:
> >There's a vingan devotee trying to use her run on treetops feat

I think this is a deffo YGWV thing here. I have been intrigued by all of the responses. I think they give a good insight into the narrators and how they interperet the rules.

I am an old RQ fan, and didn't like Hero Wars at all. But I love Heroquest. I suppose what I'm saying is that I now like to let the narrative run the game. I can't believe that We have completed four scenarios and no one has been killed or killed anyone. I had become accustomed to murder and death being integral to roleplaying games. I can guarantee that death will happen in the game, but its fun that the players are actively trying NOT to kill rival clansmen - and with no prompting from me. Good stuff!

Back to the Vingan. My personnal take would be to have the player activate it with the magic roll, but then as Bruce suggested, if its cool and the players are enjoying it then what the heck, I wouldn't make her roll again.

Regards,
Rob