Puma Person question

From: Michael Bowman <bowman_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:14:24 -0700

On p. 50 of HeroQuest, we get the Puma Person write-up. I've got a question on their shapechanging:

The beginning of the third sentence under "Special Puma People Magic--Shapechange" says the level of victory of the shapechange rule indicates speed of change (as any level of victory indicates a successful change, according to the previous sentence), but then later in the sentence it says that a marginal success "might only transform the hero partially over the course of a few minutes." So, which part is right? Is the roll only about speed of transformation, or does it also determine the extent of the transformation?

Michael Bowman