Re: Augments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:20:58 -0000

Hi David and Bunkei

Thanks for your help here. I had hoped to get to play HQ before narrating it but that option wasn't open to me so I kind of have to try and find a way that works for my group.

> IMO, augments are the heart of the system.

I agree.

By limiting augments other than weapons
> and armor, you induce several effects:

> -Action will be more focused on "realism" instead of cinematic

Disaster!!!

> Second, extended contests are very rare in my campaign. Because
folks are narrating
> augments during simple contests, that's usually good enough. If I
run an extended
> contest, I expect it to be a climactic battle or contest that will
eat up about a third of
> the session time(usually 2-3 hour sessions).

How do the players react to that??

David said;

>IMO one is too low. (We don't discuss the reasons for the augments -
>-this seldom seems necessary.)

I meant you get you equipment, magic and 1 other. so, Sword +3
Shield +1
Armour +3
Hate Lunars +2
and if you make your casting roll, flickering blade +2

Cheers
Rob

PS: David - have you any comment to make on mainly using the simple contest and saving the extended for the climax of the story, or at least the major scenes?