Below 0AP in extended contest

From: Stephen McGinness <stephenmcg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 20:08:17 -0000

I have come across a situation in the game that I can't remember doing before. Can't find anything in the rulebook (I'm assuming I'm missing something somewhere).

Anyway - the problem is that in a large exgtended contest some of the NPCs were brought to 0AP, or just below. One of the characters wanted to finish them off - or drop them further down but wasn't the same character that had brought the NPC to below 0, nor was it immediately after the action that brought him below 0.

I assumed in game that the characters below zero were passive, able to defend themselves but not to take any offensive actions. I wasn't able to find anything in the rulebook that would support that.

Anyone help me out??