Re: Re: Magic items (was Transforming abilities)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:05:09 -0700

> Incidentally, a question arises about flight affinities. Do
> Vanganth the Flyer Initiates get to fly? Do they have to
> improvise flying feats to get into the air (woohoo! Flying with
> a rating of 12)?

As long as you're not trying to do aerobatics, 12 is a perfectly good number (and it beats everyone else's 0).

Now, if I were feeling nice, I might let a Vangathi fly without improv mods, but "Straight and Level, Low and Slow" would be the way to go - try to actually emulate a feat like "Fly Fast" (not to mention "Evade Lightning"!) and you'll start picking up improv mods. And you really don't want to fail a Fly roll...

RR
- Richelieu