Re: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:42:17 +1200

At 09:01 PM 5/24/04 -0700, you wrote:

>1. The rules say (I don't have them handy, but I'm fairly sure that this is
>accurate) that a player who concentrates in Lunar magic picks one
>otherworld, and "is allowed to keep" magic from different otherworlds--e.g.
>if he concentrates in "lunar sorcery", he can keep his existing feats,
>charms, etc.

No. A Lunar can concentrate on one otherworld or he can concentrate on Lunar Magic.

>My question is--does "allowed to keep" mean he can keep his existing powers,
>but cannot improve them or add new ones?

The original text has nothing about "allowed to keep" hence the question is redundant. A Lunar can improve or increase the lunar common magic that he knows if he is concentrated on the Lunar Way. Any common magic that he knows is considered to be concentrated magic and half cost.

>2. Can we assume that a character who concentrates in Lunar magic can keep
>all his talents? My thought is, they're talents that are inate to a Lunar,
>the person they belong to experiences the Lunar cycle, therefore, the
>talents are Lunar magic. Yes?

IMO if the Talent can be described as Lunar Magic then it's acceptable. if it isn't (i.e. obviously storm related) then he has to give it up.

--Peter Metcalfe