RE: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:52:42 -0400

Hi Peter.

On 25 May 2004 at 19:19, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> You can if you do not concentrate your magic. Thus an Orlanth initiate may
> also be
> a spiritist in the Kolat tradition.

Wow, I hadn't realized that, although it does make sense. I guess it shears off at the initiate/spiritist level pretty much, since beyond that you pretty much have to concentrate. I'll have to keep that in mind.

> Selfrock teaching means that your common magic is now half cost and that you
> can cast your common magic actively. Previously you could only use it to
> augment
> another ability.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I understood its effect, it just seemed weird to me due to the 4 types of magic -- talents, feats, spells, charms, but only 3 types of magic -- Theism, Wizardry, Animism. So I couldn't understand why concentrating common magic didn't limit you to talents. It seems this has to do with tho no-longer existing Mysticism rules.

> >I also don't understand exactly what is up with someone leaving a Wizardry
> >school,
> >either.
>
> I'm not too sure what your problem is.

Tim re-asks all these questions for me in a later post, so I won't repeat it here.

LC