RE: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:37:08 +1200

At 04:52 PM 5/25/04 -0400, you wrote:

>Me> Selfrock teaching means that your common magic is now half cost and
> > that you can cast your common magic actively. Previously you could only
> > use it to augment another ability.

>Sorry, I should have been clearer. I understood its effect, it just seemed
>weird to me due
>to the 4 types of magic -- talents, feats, spells, charms, but only 3
>types of magic --
>Theism, Wizardry, Animism. So I couldn't understand why concentrating
>common magic
>didn't limit you to talents.

Self-rockers can use common magic spells, charms and feats as well as talents in the same way that theists can use common magic feats, animists use common magic charms and wizards use common magic spells. Common magic is the use of magic from the mortal world, not just one's innate magic (which is what a talent is).

--Peter Metcalfe