Re: Re: Comparing skills and feats

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:39:49 -0700

> > For exemple, who is better : the thief using her skill Move
> Silently 2W, or
> > the Odayla Initiate using his feat Move Silently 2W (Hide
> Affinity). Any advantage
> > for one of them ?
>
> Something that I don't understand, on HW p 137 the example gives
> Kallai fighting a zombie, using his 5w Sword & Shield ability. His
> APs have dropped to 21 and he switches to his Kill Undead feat of
> 17. Why should he do this? He's getting a lower skill and keeping his
> current APs. The example implies that the zombie is vulnerable to
> Fight Undead in some way to make it worthwhile, but how?

Up to you and the Narrator. (We already went over this example a month or two ago, btw, you might want to check the archives).

For what it's worth, the example was specifically to show that AP don't drop when you switch skills in the middle of combat. The story was just fluff - we didn't give background, motives (other than what's there) etc.

RR