Re: Specific actions, taboos and attitudes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 01:16:48 +1200

At 01:15 PM 6/5/04 +0100, you wrote:

>OK. The rulebook says that spirit allies often require specific actions,
>taboos or attitudes of those they aid. I think this is a nice in-game way
>to make the users of animist magic more distinct and different from theists.

Looking at the spirits of the Heroquest rulebook p141+

 From Dark

Lunemari: drive a random victim temporarily insane, once a week. Moon Spirit: create lunar glow in the distance (such that it looks

         indistinguishable from the Crimson Bat), once a week.

Five Spirit Moon

Full Moon: Correct a chosen victim of his prejudices, once a week. Half Moon: Revenge all slights.

Hollow Moon:  Drive a random victim temporarily insane, once a week
Waning Moon:  Befriend innocent waifs.
Waxing Moon:  Go mad and hunt down something of value, once a week.

Jakaleel

Spirits of the Dead: Sleep in the presence of dead bodies.

Denbitos

Starfire: sleep outside preferably under a clear sky

Folene

Contrariness spirit: Do the opposite of what somebody told you to do at least once

         a week
Wanderlore spirit: Never sleep in the same place for two successive nights.

La-Ungrariant

Mare spirit: Must always ride a mare.
Earth Spirit: Must sleep on contact with fertile soil.

Charai - no spirit allies allowed.

Leren - no spirit allies allowed.

Yu Kargzant

Fire spirits: Dance to the risen sun and weep at the setting sun Stallion Spirit: Must always ride a stallion.

Dastal - no spirit allies allowed.

Jardan - no spirit allies allowed.

Daka Fal

Ancestors: Feed your ancestors once a week.

Eiritha

Bison Cow: maintain and protect a herd of cows. Bison Protectoress: must never permit a bison to be harmed. Herd Mother: Stay with the herd.

Waha:

Brother Dog: Must never allow a dog to be harmed. Bull Helper: May only ride bulls.
Keeneye: Never sleep without sight of the horizon Killstick: Beat something to death, once a week Mean and Meaner: Be a badass
Trail seeker: Never hide tracks.

Ganval

Creek Spirit: always drink from running water from the Creek Dancing Shadow: Dance with your shadow, once a week Flower wind: whenever you see a flower, you must pick one and scatter its petals

         to the wind
Little Mountain: Build stone cairns in the shape of kerofin

Oakfed

Oakfed: Light something once a week and let it burn free

--Peter Metcalfe