Uz: Trolls of Glorantha Question

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:45:12 -0000

I was looking at this Unspoken Word volume again earlier today, and have the following Question, if I may.

Zorak Zoran: "When an initiate becomes a devotee he must give up all animistic worship, and must sacrifice all his fetishes to Zorak Zoran"

Then two paragraphs later "Although Amanstan is a spirit, he does not hae Shamans (sic). Instead devotees of Zorak Zoran who worship Amanstan are the equivalent of 'sacred chiefs'.

So Amanstan, A spirit subcult of Zorak Zoran is obviously an exception to the no animistic worship aongst devotees rule. How about the Krolar Practice? "Zorak Zoran worshiping Uz may join this tradition if they slay a Bagog devotee as a sacrifice to Kralor", "Zorak Zoran is a friend and Ally of Krolar and the two cults are generally quite close in most troll lands", "Krolar's cult is [...]usually subservient to the Cult of Zorak Zoran" So not quite a subcult, but a subservient ally.