Re: Re: Broad abilities - further thoughts

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100

Sam Elliot wrote:
> wonder if you've worked out how to define the breadth of that
> ability you've put in because you like the sound when you've no idea
> as yet how it works? Presumably it's a question of going for
> something then adapting it? Sorry if that is buried on your site, I
> didn't see it.

I didn't say anything about obscure/ambiguous references. I'd always assumed that they would be breadth 1/3 narrow abilities.

The rules for renaming abilities while retaining their breadth or narrowness could take care of the cases when this transpires to be inappropriate:

> when are you going to playtest
> your rules?

Not in the near future. The rules proposals are part of my taking stock after the end of a campaign.