Re: Multi-way contests

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:06:35 +0100

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 05:18:47PM -0500, Mike Holmes wrote:
> The only change that's neccessary is to drop the transfer rule, and make
> them just normal losses of the same amount. Much like original HW.

I don't understand this comment. (I also don't see why you'd want to do such a thing, but that's another matter.) HW as published certainly had transfers; the only real change is that in HQ marginal and minor results have been scaled down, while the transfers have not. Indeed, a (public) pre-publication version of HW had many more transfers than any later version of either...

Cheers,
Alex.