RE: Attack vs Defence values

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:14:33 -0400

I agree with that in theory, although it can get tricky. It requires deciding which tactic is effective. After all, aren't both playing to their strengths? If I'm in the armor, I'll let the other guy bounce around trying to bait me all he wants, and just counter punch.

If the fight is speed vs power, both get their advantage, no - with the difference being who executes their strategy better. (subsumed in the narration).

I'm not sure if using a specific ability should turn someone's augment into a negative. I suppose it would depend on the goal of the action/conflict.

(I think in an extended contest I would be much more willing to allow this sort of thing. But any switches would depend entirely on the choice of active ability. Switch to run ragged as an active ability and then tire the opponent out. On the round the armored guy responds with their attack, the armor is no longer a negative augment but a positive one (if appropriate).)