RE: Attack vs Defence values

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:37:49 -0400

I agree that a lot hinges on them describing an augment. I do think that in an extended contest I would allow this kind of switching a positive for a negative as long as a different ability was being used.

As for the real fighting thing, that brings back memories. All the women I know who fight (none of the men I know fight competitively) go CRAZY with nit-picking rules. I'm thinking of one player in a Buffy campaign of mine who hair-split every single aspect of a fight and would NEVER let it die. (She did not understand at all the idea of a loss to build dramatic tension, either.) Every rule system I played her in she did that. Because she knew too much. she left town before I discovered HQ, which is ashame, because I think this would work to accommodate her for exactly those reasons (she'd be able to put in whatever narrative colour she wanted without horrible mechanical consequences.)

LC