Re: Childbirth

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:10:42 -0000

> >It seems to me that fertillity/successful childbirth ought to be
> >linked into one contest, and survival of your kids ought to be
> >another. At least that is how I am inclined to do that in my
game.

> Makes sense for "strategic" level play. Hmmm. I'm thinking that
the male's
> Robust or similar can be used as an augment to the child's
survival die
> roll? Representing his genetic contribution? :-)

Certainly. If I recollect (David or someone please correct me), there was roughly a 50% chance of having a kid in the basic Pendragon rules, maybe less. If the resistance is 14, then the base trait ought to be something around 6, with about 7 points worth of augments (frex, +2 for being an initiate of Ernalda, +2 for some magical affinity, +2 for a midwife, and +1 from the husband). Or something like that. Same thing with child survival.

Jeff