Re: Initiates using feats.

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:12:13 -0000

> And those stand-alone feats, she'll get at 13. Not 12. By default,
> she can use the magic of any other subcult more effectively than the
> one she's an initiate of. If she was unconcentrated, and improvising
> at -10, it would be even worse.
>
> Either I've completely misunderstood the rules (again), or there's
> something horribly wrong here.
>
> (This is still an improvement on HW, where she couldn't even
> improvise her own Feats at all!)

I thought the question was sub cult feats were at 13 compared to cult feats at effective 12 (17-5).

Assuming that was the question then feats bought in 100 words, or from sub cults are not exempt from improv penalties, so these would be at 12-5 = 7.

To use feats actively you must be a devotee... Most initiates use Affinities as augments (no -5), so 17 would give +2 and 13 would give +1.

A more rewarding option would be to say she is a initiate of Cult/Subcult as part of your Magic keyword, avoiding having to say anymore in your 100 words, and gaining the subcults affinity at 17. (As an initiate of the subcult she must be an initiate of the cult, you can then drop the subcult later if you wish).