Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:39:06 -0000

Hi Ashley hope your well!

Back to Janes question. YOu can learn any feat from any subcult if you would be allowed to join the cult. However Vinga appears in Storm Tribe and not in Thunder Rebels. I treat her in my game as a part of Orlanth Adventurous. Women who want access to the other Thunder Brothers must come via Vinga. Heroquest theism chapter states that you can learn any feat from any subcult as long as you are eligible to join. In play I make the players work a little harder but that is up to the individual gaming group.

Heroquest says that you can improvise the feats as you state correctly.

Improvising a feat at 12 or 7 is not a very potent form of magic at all and therein lies, I believe, the game balance.

If you put a feat from another subcult in your 100 words, I would say that you would have that at 13. So that is effectively like (17- 5+1) or (17-10+6) but you get it as a normal part of your hundred words. I don't think its worth getting to hung up on the math.

Again above are what I believe are the rules from the book, but as always YGMV!

Regards
Rob