Re: Digest Number 1608

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:40:37 +1000

At 07:43 AM 10/08/04, Jane wrote:
>Also that the one-feat gain is narrow, whereas the affinity is broad.
>Affiniites can be (and are) applied to a wide range of situations - a
>feat learnt by rote can be used to one specific situation only. So, having
>the (alien) feat at a skill level a point higher than general feats
>improvised with greater understanding is perhaps not surprising.
>
>I'm still trying to sort out why you can't learn your "own" feats
>standalone, but I think it's to do with that "learn by rote" idea. Vinga
>says "oi! You do that *properly*, or not at all! Mess about with other
>people's stuff at a trivial level if you must, but *my* feats you
>understand or leave alone."

  That seems exactly right to me. ;) If I were the god involved, I'd react like that. Don't mess around, either - Urox'd send retribution daimones...

Paul May
0409544095

Any opinion expressed is mine, no matter where I got it from, and I retain all rights to it, should it prove to be of any value.

---