Re: Re: City Gods

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:15:42 -0700

> Dealing with the worshipped god (or demigod ruler) of the land in a
> likewise form ought to be within interpretation of the rules, too.
>
> So, when the Flame of Sartar gets relighted, how do we go about getting a
> "Sartar" affinity for our various Heortling and fringe Heortling but
> emphatically nationalist characters?

I'd say "we don't".

KoS 138, on the cult of Sartar, says that "his magics worked for his heirs to the kingdom". Yes, "The spirit of Sartar continued to live on in the hearts and souls of his people", but the paragraph inclines me to understand that active, magic-granting worship of Sartar is only done by his family, and quite possibly the magic *only* works for the heir, not even his brothers/sisters/children until they ascend the throne on their own.

RR
- Richelieu