RE: Re: Initiates and Devotees

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:06:21 -0500

>From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...>

>Common Magic Feats
>
>Sword Blessing 17=+2
>Armour of Bannana ditto
>Scare the b'jeebas out of my oponent ditto
>telling blow feat ditto
>many hacks in one go feat ditto

See, here's the problem, I don't think you should allow these as common magic abilities. Can you show me five similar ones from the list? They don't have that common magic feel.

This is going to sound odd coming from me, potentially, but, just say no. Like you say, I don't think it'll happen anyhow, and I've never seen it happen. So I'm not sure that it's worth considering as a case. But if it did, I'd just tell them to make up feats more like the ones on the list.

Now, I'll bet that you can find five that are close on the list, or make up five that do count. And if a player really wants to Min-max this way, I don't see a problem with it - HQ handles min-maxing well (in part because of the die curve, BTW, to reference the other post). The point that I've been making stands, which is whether or not it's possible, the fact that it is will not stop anyone from playing a devotee, IMO.

I bet I could find a way to twink a devotee similarly if I applied myself to the task. But, again, I don't think that HQ provides any incentive on cases that marginal.

Mike

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx