RE: Re: Initiates and Devotees

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:28:55 +0100

> [Fine combo BTW, apples go very well with pork, um
> decent gammon steak and a pint or three of cider - I
> can see why my campaign set there...

And pigs that browse on windfalls in apple orchards have a fine flavour.

Scrumpy contains dead dogs, though, not dead pigs.

I like the idea of common magic that only works after drinking a pint of cider to honour the apple spirit. But then I was introducing clan-specific "common magic" way back in RQ days, including a bloodline with a Strength spell that was said to only work after drinking the local Oak Beer. "Said to", because no-one had ever seen a member of the bloodline who hadn't drunk at least a pint that day, so the theory remained untested.